God has given Sandi and me an absolutely fantastic 12 week sabbatical journey. We've been able to accomplish many of our goals, including some quality time with our family, a focus on our marriage relationship, a focus on our relationship with Christ, and some great work including research and writing on the role of District conferences like ours in church ministry today.
Some of the highlight and takeaways that we will carry forward as we enter back into regular work and family duties include:
- A deep sense of appreciation for our heritage, and how God has woven our family and spiritual stories. The trip to Sweden was so special in this regard!
- Numerous keys to maintaining and igniting our personal walk with Christ and continuing to grow in intimacy with Him. The 4 day experience at The Cove with Ken Boa was instrumental with this.
- A deeper understanding of how to meet each other's needs as a couple, and of the needs and passions of our grandchildren and children. Quality time with each other and with family, has helped us with this.
- Many lessons on leadership and on keys to generating interest and financial support for our Converge Mid Atlantic church planting organization. The Christian Leadership Alliance conference we attended in Orlando in early April helped a lot with this.
- A deep sense of renewed conviction regarding my calling as a movement leader for Converge Mid Atlantic, and some keen insights into what our organization needs to be focusing on to remain vital and effective in the future. Reading, research, and much writing greatly helped with this project!
I'm praying that God will see fit to use me for his greater glory as I return back to normal ministry duties in the weeks and months ahead. I'm excited and very optimistic about what I believe He will do in and through those who are fully devoted to Him and seek to serve Him with pure and holy hearts.
Warmly in Christ,
Converge Mid Atlantic